Learn How to Make a Freaking iPhone App
Let Jenna and Nick walk you through how to make apps for iOS 9 devices like iPhones and iPads
Are you ready for an adventure?! Join the internet's most enjoyable class and learn how to make your own freaking iPhone apps! No prior programming experience necessary.
We'll walk you through everything needed to create and submit your very own app idea to the app store, starting from scratch. We firmly believe in learning by doing, so we'll make 14 real world iOS 9 apps using Swift 2 and Xcode 7 together.
We run through every single step from installing Xcode (the program we use to make apps) down to how to make money with your apps. And we'll never talk over your head. We've experienced the harsh reality of complicated and wordy tutorials and online classes. This class is what we wish we'd had when we were first learning to make apps. It's the first class to break everything down to the level that is perfect for "newbies" so that you never feel lost, and can excel and learn quickly.
Some of what we'll cover in our apps:
- GPS Navigation
- Using the Camera
- Using the Microphone
- Integrating with Social Media
- In-App Purchases
- Making Social Networks with Parse
- More (you can look through the sections below)
But ultimately we are not just checking off apps. We are helping you to move toward sustainable growth and becoming a professional in iOS development. We'll help you get integrated with the iOS developer community and provide you with the resources you need to accomplish your goals.
What makes us (Jenna and Rick) the right teachers?
- We have more than 10 iOS apps in the App Store which total over 300,000+ downloads
- Rick teaches more than 23,000 other students in his conglomerate of highly rated iOS development courses
- We have personality! We like to use, *ahem*, an energetic and engaging course style
- We have 6+ years iOS development experience
- We were once newbies who got confused by wordy blog posts and tutorials. We'll never talk over your head.
Who is this class for?
- People who want to make apps. We will not be teaching wordy or complicated computer science philosophies. We'll cover how to make apps that you can play with, share with friends & family, and offer to the world!
- Beginners. You don't need any programming experience to take this class. We've been the absolute beginners before and want to help you.
- Those programmers who are new to iOS 9 or Swift 2. Dive in with your prior experience and move more quickly, on to become an impressive iOS developer.
- Entrepreneurs who have an idea for an app. Don't pay somebody thousands to build your app. Do it yourself. Having the ability to create something you can think of is extremely powerful.
- Career development professionals who want to earn money professionally via contract work, consulting, full-time employment, and so forth