Rick Walter - App Developer, Online Instructor
Was a very confused student
- Felt overwhelmed when first learning to code
- Confused by all the complex tutorials
- Knew there had to be a better way
Now experienced developer
- 4+ years iOS app development experience
- 9 apps in the Store with 300,000+ downloads
- 4 online courses, 23,000+ students
What makes me the right teacher?
This is the course I wish I'd had when I was trying to learn iOS development. I have a unique perspective to teach this course because I've been the newb that couldn't understand tutorials or blog posts.
- I have 9 apps in the App Store which I built from scratch.
- I've been doing iOS development for more than 4 years.
- When I was first learning iOS development, I was often confused by wordy blog posts and tutorials. I will never talk over your head.
- I created the very first Swift class on Udemy which has been very successful.
More about me:
I'm an iOS developer that has been focused on mobile app design and creation for over 4 years. My involvement in the iOS community started off with a bang, and in 2013 I was one of 25 students worldwide to be invited to Apple's "Cocoa Camp." Within my community, I am also co-president of an Apple developer group called "Cocoa Heads."
I've always had an itch to make things, but growing up in a small town I had limited access to programming resources. This frustration drove my early interest in online education. After experimenting with various companies, learning styles, and teaching processes, I've adopted the best strategies and used them in my courses. My experience as an online student has directly influenced my teaching style, and I am now proud to help students all over the world with their online learning goals.
Since the announcement of the new Swift programming language by Apple, I have buried myself in the Apple documentation and any online resource that is available. In my first Swift course, I provide students with a detailed explanation of the topics and skills needed to learn Swift, an overview of the basic features of the new language, and get you started to begin building your first products.
Prior to teaching the internet's first course on Swift, I have created 9 iOS apps from scratch that are currently live in the App Store and being used by thousands of users worldwide. Using my experience launching my own apps, I'll walk you through the shortcuts that can save you time and frustration from having to teach yourself.This course will teach you everything you need to know, to make iOS apps for both the iPhone and the iPad.